Here's the fabric I chose for my new project. I need a light, a medium and a dark grey. I spent a lot of time looking for just the right ones. The light and the dark were perfect, just what I had in mind. The medium grey, not so much. The texture was right but it was too close to the dark. It was the best I could find, so I settled for it.
|Light, medium and dark, all right side up|
Just before I unpicked that offending unit with the grey sewn in wrong side up, my brain registered the color of the wrong side. I looked more carefully and did a happy dance. The wrong side is just what I was looking for and couldn't find!
|Here, the medium fabric is "wrong side" up|
I did rip some seams, but not the ones I had planned. I ripped the ones that had been sewn "correctly" according to the original plan and sewed them up again "wrong". The big challenge now is to remember that the "wrong" side of this medium gray is actually the "right" side in this project. I have had to rip at least once when I forgot, but things are shaping up.