When I started pulling scraps for the small lone star blocks on New Year’s Eve, the plan was to whip up a quick project. I suppose it’s all relative. I didn’t finish as quickly as I had planned, but the project also didn’t stretch over half the year or more, as many of my projects do, so perhaps I can call it quick anyway.
Here are the stars
which went together to make this runner
which, once I get around to quilting it, will live here:
I’m not at all sure how I am going to quilt this. I think it will have to just sit there unquilted while I hope ideas will pop into my head. Once it’s quilted I plan to bind it with bright scrappy strips.
At the some point I’ll find a use for the 3 orphan blocks. It’s interesting how fabrics play together or not. I was sure the red and yellow star would go well with the others but as much as I love it it just didn’t fit with the rest, so I set it aside for now and made the pink one to take its place.