All the quilting was done with my trusty walking foot. I did start some free motioned hooked swirls in the center, but while it looked good on a small section, it was too busy for my taste and seemed to overwhelm the design and the bird print when spread over a larger area. Plus it really didn't go well with my quilted border.
Yes, I quilted this backwards, quilting the borders before the center. I just wanted to see if my border quilting idea would look good, and I got carried away and quilted it all. I liked it, so it had to stay and I had to work from there to figure out the rest of the quilting. After a lot of staring at the quilt, walking away and coming back to stare again, I decided that for this quilt, simpler was better and I settled on simple straight lines on the diagonal. All the dressy stuff is in the border.
I still wanted more floral than what made it into the top, so that went in the binding and on the back. As I mentioned a few posts ago, I miscalculated the fabric required for the backing, so I incorporated the leftovers from the front (the blue and the floral with blue background) as a strip down the middle to make up width. That was a happy accident. I love how it turned out. It's so much more interesting than an expanse of a single floral fabric.
After a final Rosie test and approval, I boxed up the quilt and sent it off to New Brunswick.
Now on to the next project. I have a few simmering away, but the Wandering Geese remake in Moda Grunge fabric is what's on the design wall right now. I hope to have a finished top to share by the end of the week!
There's a solar eclipse themed pattern coming up soon as well. I'll post a bit more about that soon as well, and ask for testing help. Stay tuned!