I almost made my self-imposed deadline for finishing my daughter's quilt. Of course, the deadline kept shifting, from the end of September, to the end of October, to the end of November. I'm going to claim qualified success with that last one. I finished quilting the last little bit of border this afternoon around 4:30 pm and today is the last day of November. :)
The quilt still has to be bound but I'm pressing the binding strip now and will have it sewn to the front by the time I head to bed. I won't obsess and stay up till the wee hours to hand stitch it to the back, though it is tempting! If all goes well I'll be able to spread it on her bed while she sleeps tomorrow night so she sees it the next morning. December 1st is not too far of the mark!
Sorry, no pictures today. I've got to run back to the ironing board!
After I posted pictures the spring blooms quilt I made last spring, I received a lot of requests for a block tutorial. It's been slow c...
You may have seen Temperature Quilt projects popping up on blogs and social media feeds over the last few years. The idea is to represent t...
There was very little happening in the sewing room recently. I started experiencing sewing withdrawal and needed some fun sewing this week....