June 2013. That's the first time I mentioned any part of Vintage Sparkle and it was just a single block then, with thoughts of maybe making more for a throw.
By February 2014 I had a queen size top and I was dithering about border options. Borders didn't actually get sewn on until December 2014. I made these too:
I forget how many prairie points there are in those rows, but I know they never made it onto the quilt. The quilt top and the prairie points have both been in a bin as a UFO for over three years.
This month I finally faced facts. This quilt is not getting hand quilted anytime soon as I am much too slow and not even halfway through my current hand quilting project.. This quilt is too large for me to quilt on my home machine with the setup I have. This quilt is making me feel bad every time I see it unfinished. When I took it out of its bin to look at it again I didn't think I even liked it anymore.
My husband assured me it still deserved to be quilted so I sent it out to Liz Meimann of A Quilted Memory in Nevada, IA. She and her daughter worked their magic and guess what? You guessed it. I do love it again!
I don't have a full photo of it yet. A queen size is a little tricky on that front, and I'd rather wrestle with that just once, after it is completely finished. Still, you can see all the pretty feathers and curlicues in the two photos above. I will have to make time to put the prairie points on and finish the edge soon, then I'll have a full reveal. I love that I am excited about this one again after all this time!
After I posted pictures the spring blooms quilt I made last spring, I received a lot of requests for a block tutorial. It's been slow c...
You may have seen Temperature Quilt projects popping up on blogs and social media feeds over the last few years. The idea is to represent t...
There was very little happening in the sewing room recently. I started experiencing sewing withdrawal and needed some fun sewing this week....