*****The baby quilt (pattern: Turtle Twist by Blue Meadow Designs):
The turtle is a much smaller part of the quilt than I expected. The photo in the magazine made it seem much more prominent. I still like it though, and the top came together very quickly
I needed a bit of handwork right about the time I got this quilt basted, so I hand quilted the checkerboard and the turtle block. I was enjoying the hand quilting but started worrying about finishing on time so I machine quilted the two borders.
*****The Swap quilt:
I should come up with a better name, but I’ve called it the Swap Quilt for a year. I doubt any other name will stick now! This was all machine quilted. I worried a bit about messing it up since I’m new to machine quilting, but then decided that it was made of blocks from many supportive quilting friends who would be supportive and would totally understand that I have to start somewhere.
In the end I’m very pleased with how it turned out. I had to make a few changes to my quilting plans. I had planned to put clusters of maple leaves in the setting triangles. It seemed appropriate for Canuck Quilter’s quilt. However, the print completely obscured the quilting and I figured out that I on busier prints I need longer lines and curves. That’s why I put in those fans instead, and I really like the old fashioned look they give.
*****That’s it for quilting for now. I’m off to the garden to divide a few hostas. I’ve never done that before and I’m a bit worried I’ll kill them instead, but as with the quilting, I’ve got to start somewhere! Time to go get my jeans muddy!