Change of plans
On Friday afternoon I called the longarm quilter to find out if and when she could baste two quilts for handquilting. It turned out that she was about to start two fairly large projects, but she could squeeze my basting in before those if I brought the quilts to her on the weekend. Otherwise I'd be waiting over a month. Guess who finished preparing quilt backs on Friday evening and went for a little drive on Saturday?
That left me a bit at loose ends on Saturday so I decided to use the time to work on my swap blocks. I cut up enough fabric for the rest of my sets and sewed up a few. I did a few more on Sunday. Then I figured spring was showing signs of actually arriving (yay!) and that would lead me to yard chores and planning flowerbeds and that would lead to less quilty time so I decided I really should just go ahead and sew all the blocks up now. This is how far I got:
Obviously they still need frames. The rest of the blocks got as far as you see on the right. Then the quilter called and said the quilts were basted and my focus shifted completely! I just had to start quiting and see if the motifs I had planned for them worked as well on the quilts as in my head. Pictures will follow eventually. I'm off to quilt!