I decided not to push my luck and try feathers in the borders just yet. I tried some on practice sandwiches but I haven’t quite figured them out yet. (Any tips on those are welcome!) Instead I did a free form overlapping drops kind of thing in the inner border and decided the narrow pieced outer border didn’t need any quilting.
Looking at it in my living room, I it actually fits in quite nicely with the rest of the decor. Maybe it won’t be limited to Christmas after all.
Back in January I did get around to quilting the pinwheel table runner but somehow never posted a picture.
I’m enjoying crossing projects off the UFO list. It wasn’t very long by most standards but it was really bothering me. Knowing I had projects sitting unfinished kept me from enjoying new ones. That’s just a personality quirk, I guess. Anyhow, here’s where the list stands now:
- Leaf quilt – needs basting and hand quilting
- Swap quilt – need basting and machine quilting (still pondering quilting patterns for this one)
- Churn dash table runner – machine quilting in progress
- Hawaiian quilt pillow – hand quilting in progress
- Canadiana quilt – have fabrics, design is taking shape on paper
- Whimsy – do I even want to finish this anymore?