I sewed the first seam in this one on February 10th, 2014, and I took the last stitch in the binding on February 1st, 2016. I would have celebrated here earlier, but nobody was available during daylight hours to hold it up for a picture until today. Hmm, and looking at it now, I think I forgot to turn the flash off and it washed out the colors.
Here it is on the bed. Note the model, who approved the quilt and assumed the photo shoot included her. Given a choice of anything to lie on, Rosie will settle down on the quilt every time.
Most of the 2 year delay in finishing was due to hand quilting. First, I'm slow. Second, summers are too hot for me to want to sit with a quilt bunched in my lap so there's no hand quilting happening for at least 4 months a year. Third, I had a couple of inconvenient bouts of tendonitis that curtailed the hand work for a while. Fourth, I sometimes I feel like hand quilting, and sometimes I don't, so it isn't a continuous process in this house!
The fabrics are not actually on an angle like that. I just took a crooked picture. However, that would look pretty cool...
So now that's done, the hand work has shifted to sewing binding to the back of the Minions quilt. The binding of three other projects is attached and waiting for the hand stitching, so there should be 4 more finishes to share soon!
And just to have it to refer back to, here's my quilt-related to-do list:
1. Finish binding treeskirt, table topper and snowflake quilt.
2. Final proofreading of the Blaze pattern.
3. Finish writing pattern for snowflake quilt (half done)
4. Finish writing pattern for treeskirt/table topper (2/3 done)
5. Finish last 4 blocks of yellow/grey/black quilt (must name that one sometime)
6. Pick out quilting I started on purple Sparkling Trail and start over (that's a whole other story!)
7. Finish cutting out and start sewing red Valentine version of Tic Tac Kiss
8. Start one or two completely new projects (ideas are percolating as I type)