|Black-eyed Susans: my reliable August bloomers|
We made a lovely road trip back to Canada, swinging through southern Ontario, then through Québec on our way to family in New Brunswick, and since we were up there we thought we might as well go on up to Prince Edward Island since the kids had never been there. DS got to visit the Stanley Cup in Toronto, DD enjoyed Green Gables and the Anne of Green Gables musical in Charlottetown and DH and I enjoyed the unplugged family time. I won't give you a stop-by-stop review of our trip. I'll just say it was fabulous.
Back in the sewing room, I have been uninspired so I worked on clearing my small pile of UFOs. To start, I finally sewed the binding onto my very yellow quilt and it is now on my bed. I added pillow cases to match.
I like it and DH likes it, but now I have a "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" situation. (That's a great kids's book, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure!) The quilt looks great, but the blue walls don't go as well as I thought they would, so I need to repaint. The blue wall hanging won't look great against the new paint, so maybe I'm thinking about a new quilt for that wall. Then of course the blue runner on the dresser will be the only touch of blue so maybe that will need to be replaced too... I'll keep the pooch though!
I made a quick little purse to replace my previous one, which had a frayed strap and holes in the corners. It was time! I'm a fan of small purses, just big enough to carry my wallet, phone and keys, and I like them to have a cross-body strap so I don't set the purse down somewhere and walk away without it.
I also finished up a variation of Sew Kind of Wonderful's "Chic Sisters" pattern. Last spring I offered to make shop samples using the Quick Curve Ruler for the shop where I work. I finished the runner and table topper a couple of months ago, but this Chic Sisters one stalled at the block stage. My boss didn't want the full quilt, just something to show the curved blocks. The original plan was to make a runner, but the blocks didn't pop in that so they just sat for months. We finally decided to turn them into a baby quilt, I played around with a couple of layouts, and I finally have a finish. Looking at my pictures I see that most didn't turn out very well, so I'll leave you with a small taste and go take more pictures to share tomorrow.