Here's what I was playing with the last couple of days.
It's 16"x20". The resident dolls Susie, Curly and Elizabeth will be sharing it once it is quilted, though there is a rumour that the vast collection of stuffed animals may challenge them for it.
I'm happy to report that this didn't make a huge dent in my new blue stash. All it took was a 1.5"x10" piece of each blue and one fat quarter of the white, so I have plenty left to make a throw size version, with more and bigger stars now that I'm satisfied that the pattern looks like I thought it would.
I started thinking about this one shortly after I made this little Kansas Dugout. The more I looked at it the more I could see stars where the rings meet, and I thought that careful colour placement would make an interesting star quilt.
I never did finish the Dugout quilt. I was going to make it into a doll quilt and practice free motion on it. Unfortunately, because it was a practice piece I sandwiched it with some really cheap fusible batting I had left over from a craft project, and it really messed up the quilting. Apparently it was the cause for my skipped stitches and broken threads and birds' nests on the back. It took 3 visits to the quilt store and leaving the machine for service before anyone came up with that idea, and then that person was me...We'll see how this little blue one quilts up with good batting and see if that was indeed the issue! Plain practice sandwiches with good batting and no seams are quilting up OK now.
Now I'm heading back to the hearts quilt: 27 blocks quilted, only 21 more to go. I'm past the halfway mark!