Last week I went to the quilt shop and came home with a set of templates for 6 inch drunkard’s path blocks. I didn’t have a particular quilt in mind. I just wanted to try my hand at sewing curved seams, and this seemed as good a way to start as any.
On Thursday I pieced 3 blocks. Hmm. Two have a little pucker, and the third has edges that don’t line up. I didn’t take a close-up to show off the flaws! I’m close though, so I plan to practice.
Tomorrow I’ll start sewing again and hope I get the hang of the curves. I watched a few video tutorials online today so I have a few techniques to try. Though I had no particular quilt in mind when I bought the templates, I now have several design ideas floating in my brain. It would be nice to manage to bring at least one of them to life in fabric.
After I posted pictures the spring blooms quilt I made last spring, I received a lot of requests for a block tutorial. It's been slow c...
You may have seen Temperature Quilt projects popping up on blogs and social media feeds over the last few years. The idea is to represent t...
There was very little happening in the sewing room recently. I started experiencing sewing withdrawal and needed some fun sewing this week....