When I cut units for my new project, I cut enough extra to make a practice block. I think it was good idea. I spent several hours today reviewing how to sew set-in seams and now I just about have the hang of it. The next blocks shouldn’t take as long to make (I hope). As a bonus, I have a fun scrappy bonus block.
After finishing this block I toyed with the idea of mixing up all my prepared units to make all the blocks scrappy, but I chickened out. The blocks for the runner I’m planning will be much more matchy-matchy, most with only three fabrics. The exuberant block above will become a little wall quilt though. I have a small bit of wall that is just calling out for it.