When I assemble quilt blocks I am usually very methodical, sewing all the similar units of one colour set first, then moving on to the next colour set, then the next kind of unit, and so on. That just wasn’t working for me today.
Yesterday I finished cutting all the pieces for the center of my kaleidoscope quilt and last night I started adding the square corners to all the red pieces. Today I started doing the same to the yellow pieces and I have to tell you the stack of yellow pieced just did not seem to get smaller. Looking at the stacks of remaining colours I just felt discouraged and unmotivated.
That just wouldn’t do, so I decided to abandon the one-colour-at-a-time method, shuffle more colours in to the mix and start putting things up on the wall so I could see something taking shape. My enthusiasm is back!
Here is where things stand tonight.
This is mostly half-blocks at the moment. The only complete block is the one where the red and yellow triangles meet. All the blocks in the center will have just 2 colours in the black background, so I am assembling half blocks of each colour and I’ll pair the appropriate halves together later.