Focus, or rather lack thereof, is a problem for me this week. I have too many quilty things I want to get done so I am making just about no progress on any of them. Some are old projects, some are new, some are not started but definitely swimming around in my head with the rest, some are sewing, some are blogging, some are pattern writing…
In no particular order, here’s a peek at the competing projects, some of which you have seen before.
1. Seeing Stars needs:
- a backing
- machine quilting (no clue what to quilt here!)
- a pieced border to continue the sashing stars into the border
- a plain border to frame everything
- prairie points
- a backing and basting
- hand quilting
3. As yet unnamed Christmas quilt
This one just jumped up on my wall with a mind of its own last week. It’s the same layout as Sparkling Strings so I can test cutting directions for a possible pattern. It needs:
- cutting setting strips
- basting and machine quilting
- backing and basting
(but I do have a plan and the fabrics are pulled!)
- basting (I don’t have clear space to manage it right now, but soon I hope! The backing is pieced and waiting)
- hand quilting
6. Two table runners
These are way down on the priority list but I have the pattern designed and the fabrics selected! One for summer and one for fall…maybe summer and fall 2015 at this rate!
7. A few non-sewing but quilting-related projects competing for attention:
- stash maintenance chores (but that’s a whole post’s worth all on its own!)
- I’m thinking about a new page for the blog: how about quilt math reference tables?
- 3 or 4 patterns I could write, if I can wrestle required diagrams into submission
I’ve gotten tired just thinking about all these, so I’m off to bed. Maybe after a good night’s sleep I’ll be able to prioritize things and make some progress on something!