As usual, it is taking me longer to finish a quilt top than I anticipated. However, today I finally finished all the blocks for this flower quilt.
I work tomorrow, so this will sit on the design wall for a few days. That's probably a good thing. It will give me time to ponder the color distribution. There are a few blooms I would like to move, but then that bumps something else, which results in two blooms of the same color being side by side.... In the end, I might leave it as is...or I might have a stroke of inspiration and change something around.
In the meantime, I'm enjoying more blooms in the garden.
I do not know why the trumpets of the daffodils are three different colorations. They were all the same last year and the year before!
Also a few scattered tulips. We have lots of greens, but the bulbs are on their last year, I think, with many producing leaves but no blooms. We lost track of time last fall and didn't get new bulbs planted.
Then we have the volunteer blooms. Oops. I'm sure there were not this many last year! Part of me says "Oooh, pretty yellow carpet!". The other part of me says "Give it a day or two and the blooms will wilt and all you'll see is UGLY!" So we have started pulling dandelions, one small section at a time. We hesitate to use weed killer since the Rosie dog roams free in the fenced back yard.
We have a lot of these pretty violets in the lawn too. And you can see the clover there too...Sigh. Individually it's all pretty. Take it all together and it looks a messs :(
Maybe I'll stick to looking at each individually!
After I posted pictures the spring blooms quilt I made last spring, I received a lot of requests for a block tutorial. It's been slow c...
You may have seen Temperature Quilt projects popping up on blogs and social media feeds over the last few years. The idea is to represent t...
There was very little happening in the sewing room recently. I started experiencing sewing withdrawal and needed some fun sewing this week....