My design wall is too small! I still have 11 blocks and some borders to add to this quilt, and it just is not going to fit. Since that’s the biggest unencumbered piece of wall I have it will just have to do. I’ll move some furniture around and clear some floor space if I absolutely must have everything laid out at the same time.
This is a variation on my Jelly Bean Stars pattern. The blocks and sashing are the same, I just made more, set them on point and planned some pieced setting triangles. I am also planning a scrappy prairie point border for this one.
I made a test block for this quilt last June, only intending to show that the block could look good in other fabrics besides the bright ones in Jelly Bean Stars. I really liked the block and scurried back to the quilt shop to get enough fabric to recreate the quilt in these reproduction fabrics. It was mid summer however, my slowest sewing time, so I packed it all away in its own project bin and waited for the right time to start.
By the time I pulled it out again late last fall, the blocks had decided they really wanted to be set on point. They also suggested that perhaps it was time for me to make another queen size quilt, so I trotted back off to the quilt store again and managed to find extra fabric that would go with what I already had. I was lucky to find more of the fabric I wanted for the stars, though I had to resort to online shopping for it.
I’m off to finish the last 11 blocks (they are half sewn already) and hopefully I can start assembling the top in the next day or two.
I’m linking up with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.